This year’s E-Week will be held from February 22nd until February 26th. More info coming soon.
On September 2, 2015 the UIC Involvement Fair will be held at the Lecture Center Plaza outside of Student Center East. This is a great opportunity for you to discover new and fun organizations that we have here at UIC. Come out and have fun, make friends, and get involved!
UIC Engineering Week Activities – 2015
Make your plans to attend!
Thursday, February 19th: Undergraduate Resume Review Session
(sophomores, juniors, seniors)
- When: Thursday, February 19th, 2015
- Time: 11:00am-2:00pm
- Where: Student Center East- Room 302
- Details: At the resume review session, students can talk to staff from the Engineering Career Center and receive fast feedback on their resume before the big Engineering Career Fair (which is on 2/24/15). Prior to attending: Work on your resume using this link: http://www.ecc.uic.edu/ECC/SampleResumes
- Disclaimer: This SHOULD NOT BE a complete “construction” of your resume! This is an opportunity to receive quick feedback on your resume to have it presentable for the career.
Tuesday, February 24th: UIC Engineering Career Fair
- When: Tuesday, February 24th, 2015
- Time: 12:00pm-4:00pm
- Where: Student Center East Illinois Rooms & Cardinal Room
- Details: Bring your resumes and dress professionally to meet with 78 employers registered for the Engineering Career Fair. They will be collecting resumes for engineering internship and full-time positions. This is for UIC engineering students and engineering alumni only. See who is coming and do your homework on companies! http://www.ecc.uic.edu/ECC/CareerFair
Thursday, February 26th: COE Student Organizations Fair
- When: Thursday, February 26th, 2015
- Time: 12:00pm -3:00pm
- Where: Student Center East- Room 302
- Details: Come learn about the COE student organizations and meet with officers and members of these groups. Learn about the organization and how you can get involved in their activities, conferences, corporate information sessions and competitions. Membership builds your resume!
Friday, February 27th: Bowling & Food
- When: Friday, February 27th, 2015
- Time: 5:00pm-8:00pm
- Where: Bowling Alley in Student Center East
- Details: Let’s celebrate the end of E-Week!! Food and bowling! So come out, have fun, and enjoy! We will also be having a raffle! For all related questions- please email: email@example.com
We are excited to put together a swathe of events for National Engineers Week 2015. Check out the event page here, so you don’t miss anything!
Join us for a brief informational session about GE Appliances. Learn about their opportunities and get a chance to speak with a representative before the Career Fair! If you are an Undergraduate student majoring in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Computer Science (Software Engineering) you are strongly encouraged to attend! Please bring your resumes!
February 17- 21
Monday, February 17: UIC College of Engineering Societies Information Fair
- Where: ERF 1047
- When: 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- What: Stop by and learn about what cool activities the College of Engineering societies are doing! It’s a great way to get active within the College of Engineering and network with your student colleagues. Snacks will be provided!
Tuesday, February 18: UIC Engineering Career Fair
- Where: Student Center East- Illinois Rooms
- When: 12:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
- What: Bring lots of resumes and your UIC ID card, dress professionally and connect with the 70 companies that will be on-campus to recruit for internships and full-time positions. For information on which companies will be present, click here.
Wednesday, February 19: Speed Networking hosted by SHPE
- Where: ERF 1043 and 1047
- When: 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
- What: Come early and prepared to meet with some of the biggest employers in engineering. Missed them at the career fair? They will be at SHPE’s Speed Networking event! Participating employers: Primera, GE, SHPE national organizational representative, Alcatel-Lucent, DNV GL, Exelon, Caterpillar, ACCO, Christopher B. Burke Engineering, and Wills Burke Kelsey.
Thursday, February 20: UIC Electronic Visualization Lab (EVL) Tours
- Where: The UIC Electronic Visualization Laboratory (EVL) is located at the Engineering Research Facility (ERF -842 W. Taylor Street). Enter the building, walk through both sets of doors. Turn right – walk down the hall and take the elevator to the 2nd floor. Immediately to your left is a set of wooden doors. Walk through the wooden doors, turn left and walk down the hall to room 2036. If you have any problems, EVL’s phone number is (312) 996-3002.
- When: 11:00a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. (20 minute tours)
- What: EVL (Electronic Visualization Laboratory) is a graduate research laboratory specializing in virtual reality and real-time interactive computer graphics. Come check out this cool technology! If you would like to join one of these 20 minute tours please fill out the link below. We can only have 25 students at a time.
- Check out the EVL website here: http://www.evl.uic.edu/
- Sign up here!
Friday, February 21: COE Bowling Night
- Where: Student Center East – Bowling Alley
- When: 4:00p.m.- 8:00p.m.
- What: Come enjoy free bowling, free shirts and free food! All students in the College of Engineering are welcome. There will also be a raffle with awesome prizes!
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us in SEO 236. We will be going over the upcoming elections as well as the End of the Year Engineering Organization Dinner. And free pizza!
We will be holding an Engineering Council GBM on Tuesday, March 11 at 5:00pm in SEO 236. We will be going over the upcoming elections as well as the End of the Year Engineering Organization Dinner. And of course, free food will be provided.
Look for the UIC Society of Automotive Engineers at the Chicago Auto Show!
EVL (Electronic Visualization Laboratory) is a graduate research laboratory specializing in virtual reality and real-time interactive computer graphics. Come check out this cool technology! If you would like to join one of these 20 minute tours please fill out the link below. We can only have 25 students at a time.
The EVL is located at the Engineering Research Facility (ERF -842 W. Taylor Street). Enter the building, walk through both sets of doors. Turn right – walk down the hall and take the elevator to the 2nd floor. Immediately to your left is a set of wooden doors. Walk through the wooden doors, turn left and walk down the hall to room 2036. If you have any problems, EVL’s phone number is (312) 996-3002.
To sign up, click here.